Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 15, 2011

KEEP TRUDGING ON

It's true. What everybody tells you about getting your wisdom teeth removed - it's true. It hurts, it's painful, and after a few days, you can feel the stitches pulling in your mouth along with jaw tightness. I'm so sick of applesauce. It used to be one of my favorite foods to eat, but now it's moved down on the list, at least for a few months! I have a bad bruise on my arm from the IV used to sedate me, but surprisingly, there isn't much of a bruise except for a small one on the left side of my jaw. I miss hot foods. I miss coffee. I'd like to drink something that has some flavor to it, rather than just milk, water, and apple juice. It did need to be done, but the process definitely isn't something I'd volunteer for. We've also had to pay for the wisdom teeth to be removed -- so it'll be a bit to recover from that, and knowing that just makes the process, and me, more ornery, I'm sure.

Mike got a new job, and his orientation is on Tuesday. It will be a good change from Walmart to Target, and with it being only ten minutes away from our house, the gas money he will save not driving an hr and ten minutes every day we are hoping to see this benefit soon! I'm subbing for the school districts, still, and enjoying it. I'm hoping that on Monday I can sub without too much mouth pain, I took the last three days off because I didn't think that hydrocodone was conducive to teaching. :)

Onto more positive news - on April 10th, 2011, my first niece was born!!! My brother Travis and his girlfriend, Amber, gave birth to a 6 lb. 3.5 oz baby girl named Scarlet Rose. She is absolutely beautiful, and Michael and I can't wait to spoil her rotten! Her middle name is named after me and Travis's grandma. It's a nice honor to have, I'll say that. She was the most alert newborn I've ever met, and Mike and I both got to hold her. We can't wait til we can have one of our own. I'm sure the experience is everything I've heard and seen it to be.

My dad's birthday is on Sunday 4/17, so I'm looking forward to that phone call. I have something up my sleeve, so we will see. On Tuesday 4/19 is my week check-up at the dental surgeon's office. Oh joy. It's the most fun I will ever have in my entire life, and I'm so looking forward to going! Oh, wait. Can you sense some sarcasm there?

20 days until I sit my happy butt down on a plane headed for VA Beach!!!!! I'm counting down the days, that's for sure!

I'll be back soon. I'll try to be better about blogging. Life has been so very busy lately, but blogging is my outlet other than working out, so I will try to be more vigilant with it. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment