Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

OUR NEW VACATION SPOT, REVEALED...

For a few months now, my husband and I have been hearing about how we may have a new vacation spot to visit soon. Well, that's now been completely revealed. My parents will be moving to Southwest Florida by July. My stepdad has accepted a job offer, and his new job starts June 1. They have sold their current house here in NY and close on it by mid-July, as well have bought their new house in Florida. It's beautiful. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; that's plenty for guests. Hahaha. :-)




As strange as it is, with all the places I've lived (3 states), and places I've visited, I can honestly say that I think it will take some getting used to for them to not be ten minutes away from our apartment, but also, more than that, this house has so many memories for about 20 years of my life...and it won't be there anymore. It will be somebody else's house. For some reason, this doesn't sit well with me. I don't like that idea whatsoever. It's just very awkward feeling and overwhelming.

However, their happiness is mine, and I just want them to be healthy, happy, safe, and loved. I want them to have new experiences, and new memories to be made. I want them to enjoy coffee watching a beautiful sunset with their dogs. I know it will be hard since I don't think they know many people there, so in essence, they are starting over. It's a risk they are taking, but it's a risk filled with courage. One I'm proud and happy for them to do. Either way, I'll be there to support them.


Who wouldn't want to drink coffee or a glass of wine while staring at that?

Southwest Florida - let's make some new memories - Here we come!



1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I saw your comment over on Lyryn's blog about cloth diapering and I've been using them (BumGenius 4.0) for about 2 months and have actually found them to be MORE absorbent and leak less than disposables. I guess it depends on the kind of cloth diaper and the baby.

    It may be tough to have your family moving so far away, but at least you have a gorgeous vacation spot now :-) We have family in Marco Island, FL and your pictures really remind me of there. :-)

    ReplyDelete